I have not been able to keep up with everything as of late, and if anyone is reading this, I sincerely apologize.
In the off chance that 2012 will bring about some kind of apocalyptic sociopolitical events, I've taken up MMA training. And that has put a dent in my blog time.
Relocation is a real pain, especially when one is unemployed and not really sure when or where the next gig is coming from. Although this is a scenario that is all to real for so many Americans these days, it is par for the course in my field. This recession, thus far at least, has not been much different than an average year for me, save for the 10% pay cut in Dec. But this recent bull run should change all that.
It seems either the recession is finally over, or P2 is coming to an end very soon, in a bull mania feeding frenzy of green shoots. Everyone is just biting at the tooth to say everything is back to normal and we should all go about our business, and don't worry about unemployment, it's a lagging indicator and should be stabilized by Q4, or Q1/Q2 '10, or possibly sometime the second half of '10.
I remember when I was in college, training to be the well rounded worker bee I've become, anytime faculty wasn't really sure when something was actually going to happen, they would result to the fail safe response, "Sometime in the fall". One of the things that was supposed to show up in the fall of my sophomore year, actually did... in the fall of my senior year. Each time I would ask about it they would always say "Sometime in the fall".
That's what unemployment is. They really have no idea when it will get better, they just hope one of these times they will be right, and they will be applauded for there astute analysis, because the American public, believe it or not, has the brains of a dinosaur, the attention span of gnat, and the memory of an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient. And we wonder how the country has been taken over by greedy, overachieving, megalomaniac bankers.
I'm reminded of the quote from Spaceballs the movie, when Lonestar and Dark Helmet battle it out, Dark Helmet says
"So Lonestar, now you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb..."
Just for some comic relief, take a gander at the clip.
Cheers, be careful out there, and good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment