Well I am now an unofficial statistic on the momentum titan of unemployment. I was under contract, so it was not a slap in the face or anything, but the fact remains, I cannot file for unemployment until July, as if I file sooner, I will have no California state revenue from which to draw my unemployment. I was unemployed most of the year last year. So even though I'm no longer employed, I won't be considered unemployed until July.
Now let's not forget the current state of the state in Cali. June 30 is D day. If a state budget hasn't been passed by then, I don't believe I will be receiving unemployment regardless. Which begs the question, if Cali shuts down, will the entire state no longer be tallied in the unemployment numbers?
I can hear the anchors now, "California has filed for chapt 11, BUT unemployment droped to 500k, the biggest drop in 22 weeks."
I'm sure they can spin this crisis into another green shoot, but just in case the collapse of Cali isn't an economic positive, I'm gonna hedge my bets.
No comments:
Post a Comment